Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thank You For This Exciting Season


Since the Montreal Canadien hockey team are out of the season after loosing against the Flyers of Philadelphia, the flags of the Canadiens are becoming scarce in the city. On my way to Quebec city last week I was listening some french canadien radio ( since the tape I am using to play music from my ipod inside my car broke couple weeks ago ). They were talking about the flags of the Canadiens being removed after the defeat. Apparently some "fans" were disappointed about this, while some others were saying that it's useless now that the Canadiens won't play until next season. This weekend, as I went to Future Shop to get some new earphones ( they broke as well ), I walked by one of the underground mall entrance, (the Eaton Center at the corner of Ste Catherine and McGill College streets) and I was surprised to see this sign. I stepped inside the mall to check is there was something dealing with the Canadiens, and the whole mall was teeming with waving flags. I think it's a great thing to do, I really like it. I kinda miss this joyful and exciting time when the Canadiens were still in the competition. Happy Mother's Day for those in the US and Canada.

No comments: