Monday, May 12, 2008

Broken Bus


Today is Monday, and it's back to school for me. By the way, the reason I'm saying this is because of this new song I discovered today. The title is "I don't like Mondays" by the Boomtown Rats ( what a coincidence, I find out about this song on a Monday !). I've been reading few things online about the group. Here is what I found on Wikipedia. Geldof wrote the song after reading a telex report on the shooting spree of 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who fired at children playing in a school playground across the street from her home in San Diego, California in 1979. She killed two adults and injured eight children and one police officer. Spencer showed no remorse for her crime, and her explanation for her actions was "I don't like Mondays". It's a sad story, but things like that happen every now and then in American schools. I remember when I used to study back in Seattle, there's been a shooting few years before I arrived. Also, when I was a student over there, the school security/police caught a student carrying three guns and munitions in his bag while sitting in class.
Well, let's talk about some more peaceful things, when I came out of my math class tonight, I've been watching this bus being towed away after a break down on Guy street.

2 comments:

Profile Not Available said...

I have always liked this song, and my friends and I were singing this about Monday morning classes when I was in college. I never knew the story behind the song though, and so now I am hearing it in a different way. On a lighter note, I am glad you weren't sleeping in the bus when it was towed. ; )

Anonymous said...

C est vraiament pas drole comme histoire mais moi non plus je n aime pas non plus le lundi mais pour d autre raisons.
Ca doit pas etre simple a maneuvrer un bus remorqué.