Sunday, May 4, 2008

Quebec City


After yesterday's game, I thought I'll stay and spend the night in Quebec City, I was a bit tired to hit the road and head back to Montreal. I wanted to sleep in Quebec City, but with the hockey games going on right now, all the hotels were packed for couple weeks. So I ended up sleeping inside my car as you can see on this photo. I felt like I was sleeping inside the Frontenac Castle ( the impressive castle in the background), with a leather bed and carpet on the ground.... my car was perfect for me and all of that for $0.
Quebec City is located about 233 km ( 145 mi) East of Montreal, it is the second largest city in the province, after Montreal. The ramparts surrounding Old Quebec ( like you can see on this photo) are the only remaining fortified city walls in the Americas north of Mexico, and were declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985 as the "Historic District of Old Quebec". It is also one of the oldest cities in North America (founded in 1608).
Quebec City is internationally known for its Summer Festival, Winter Carnival and the Château Frontenac, a historic hotel which dominates the city skyline. To view more pictures of my day spent in Quebec City, Click Here.

2 comments:

Profile Not Available said...

I loved reading your post!

Anonymous said...

Ca faisait longtemps que je ne l avais pas vu en photo!
Je vois que tu en prend toujours soin! C est imprtessionnant comme tu l aime cette voiture.