Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hard Rock Cafe


Yesterday night as I was coming back home, I thought I'll take a walk in the downtown instead of taking as usual the subway. On a Tuesday night, the streets were quiet, and not many people were outside. I guess they were all stuck in front of a tv set in a bar or at home supporting the Habs against the New Jersey Devils. A good thing is that the Canadiens won 4-0.
What a pleasure it was to talk along
the Crescent Street; with all those bars and restaurants in the middle of an antique atmosphere. Among them was the famous Hard Rock Cafe. (Once I was looking over my pictures back home, I thought this one looked like a face, with the two eyes made by the lamps ) Built in the early 1900's, the sky-lit, stained-glass home of Montreal's Hard Rock Cafe is located only minutes away from the city's famous "Old Montreal" district. In a town sharply divided by old and new, the East End and the West End, the French and the English, it's refreshing to find a sense of peaceful unity in the world-famous Hard Rock Cafe.

No comments: